We all have our own beauty favourites. Here at ShopStyle HQ, our obsessions range from hair, fragrance, make-up to nail-polish. However, one thing we can agree on is the classic red lipstick. It can add a dash of glamour to your LBD, an extra edge to your leather look or some finesse to your regular daytime style. We just love how Gwen Stefani, our favourite lady in red, pairs it with a panama hat and Wayfarers. Update your beauty wardrobe with a pop of scarlet colour.
Ready for Red: ShopStyle Tips for the Perfect Pout!
1. Everyone can wear red lipstick, it's just all about finding the perfect shade. Paler skin tones tend to suit cool, blue reds, while warmer skin tones suit orange reds.
2. Rock the nude, not the red! Instead of using a red lip liner, which can easily look outdated, try blending a nude liner at the edges. This liner prevents the red from bleeding. ShopStyle HQ loves the Pixi (£12) and Smashbox (£13) nude lip liners.
3. With a bold lip, we like to keep the rest simple. Skip out on the eye-shadow and go for a a few swipes of mascara or some liquid liner for a retro pin-up look. We suggest Stila for stay-all-day eyeliner (£13).
4. Before you leave the mirror, just remember to check your teeth. A quick tip is placing your finger over your front teeth, wrap your lips around and pull out. Do this and the colour won't transfer.
5. Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate! Red lipstick, more than any other colour, can be drying. Prep your lips with a decadent lip balm an hour before application. Personally we love the tinted Carmex balm with SPF (£4.50).